Tuesday, October 28, 2008

The Big Issue

I know that I am not looking at this thing objectively. I know that my viewpoint is skewed, that I’m looking at things through blue tinted glasses, but there seems to be one big feature of this race that stands out. There seems to be on the republican side an ugliness, a negativity, a certain vile strain of thought that just doesn’t show up on the other side. Am I crazy, am I seeing things that aren’t there? The progressive platform that Obama’s been running on seems to be so much more hopeful, and optimistic, and inclusive, and forward thinking. What’s going on? Could I be seeing this wrong? Is there something wrong with my model of the world? I don’t understand how these vast differences can exist, are we really living in such an inconsistent world? I have no idea. I don’t think I could be so terribly wrong, but it seems arrogant to think that other people might be as abysmally wrong as they seem to be. How the fuck is someone supposed to make heads or tails of this world?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think you see things just fine. The McCain campaign is especially vitriolic, bitter and angry. I think the reason is two fold; they're getting the shit kicked out of them in an election they think god has given them and all that is left to attend McCain rallies are the fringe lunatics, hate mongers and religous fanatics, consequently they have taken their movement of hate off in their little corner to pout.

I'm think we should start rounding up McCain supporters and send them to Gitmo for an unspecified amount of time. They can spend there days in recreation activities like water-boarding and sleep depravation.